TeenHope Program Operations Specialist
This position supports the function of the TeenHope program at Samaritan Counseling Center through administrative duties, the coordination of the day-to-day tasks of the program, and by improving program functionality with a focus on best practice procedures, efficiency, customer service, and community outreach. At least one school year (2022-2023) commitment is requested. This is a part-time position of 20-30 hours a week with a pay range of $20-$25 an hour.
TeenHope is a mental and emotional health education and wellness screening program that provides community resources, and aims to prevent teen suicide by identifying students who may be at-risk for anxiety and depression. To learn more about TeenHope, go to scclanc.org/teenhope.
Task and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to work Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays weekly, either in schools or in office (required)
- Attendance of community events as a TeenHope representative, including on weekends
- Coordinator of all communication with schools (required)
- Provision of timely responses to clinical director/director of TeenHope
- Responsibility for all TeenHope administrative information and duties
- Engagement and coordination of education and screening process with new and existing schools
- Complete documentation for tracking and research purposes
- Participate in presenting educational material for community, schools, and parents as needed
- Provide information to schools that are not currently involved in TeenHope program.
- Be functionally fluent in NavWell digital platform and assure effective use of Navwell by students and staff through supervision and training.
Other job duties as deemed necessary.
Minimum qualification for this position are:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Awareness of mental health and suicidality
- The ability to think sequentially
- High organizational skills
- Team-oriented skills
- Ability to follow up on tasks identified by the team
- Ability to relate middle school and high school teens
- Detailed knowledge of technology and implementation of SignUpGenius, Google Docs, Google Calendar, etc.
- Public speaking skills
Resumes and cover letters may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Samaritan Counseling Center, Attention: Valerie Minnich, 1803 Oregon Pike, Lancaster, PA. 17601. Samaritan Counseling Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Therapists & Licensed Counselors
Interested in working at Samaritan Counseling Center? We are always accepting resumes for licensed mental health professionals and psychologists. A master’s or doctoral degree and a PA license are required.
Resumes and cover letters may be submitted by email to email@example.com or by mail to Samaritan Counseling Center, Attention: Executive Director, 1803 Oregon Pike, Lancaster, PA. 17601.