Ethics in Business
The History of Ethics In Business
Ethically-based businesses in Lancaster County deserve to be honored and recognized by our community for their contributions to our community.
That’s why in 2007, Samaritan began the Ethics In Business awards program, which highlights businesses, companies and organizations in Lancaster who are committed to operating ethically.
Employees or Lancaster County residents can recommend businesses and organizations each year for the award. Nominations are typically open from September to January.
The Ethics In Business Process
After accepting the nomination, companies undergo an ethics audit that includes production of documents, an employee survey, and a half-day site visit and interviews.
The culmination of the process is an in-depth report presented to an anonymous selection committee made up of local business leaders. The committee uses these reports — and their professional experience — to select the award recipient based on the five criteria of integrity, fairness and justice, stewardship, life-enhancing and transparency.
The award recipient is announced at a banquet in the summer that also honors all nominees. All Final Nominees are provided with a Ethics In Business Final Nominee logo, the results of the employee survey, and one hour of consulting services from Samaritan Consulting Group.
In addition to this, the award recipient receives a video spotlighting their commitment to ethics from Natural Light Films.
In 2022, EGStoltzfus was the Ethics in Business award recipient.
To learn more about the program, sponsorship opportunities or the nomination process, contact Bethany Georgia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Explanation of The Award Criteria
Past Award Recipients
The Ethics In Business program has selected many local businesses and organizations as award recipients over the years. Here is a list of our past recipients, starting with 2022 and ending in 2007.
- 2022: EGStoltzfus
- 2021: Graham Packaging
- 2020: RLPS Architects (2020)
- 2019: Lancaster Toyota Mazda
- 2018: Murray Securus
- 2017: Simon Lever
- 2016: Cargas Systems (Medium-Large Business Recipient); Assets (Small Business Recipient)
- 2015: Bomberger’s
- 2014: One2One Inc.
- 2013: Everence
- 2012: Four Seasons Produce
- 2011: Nxtbook Media LLC (2011 For-Profit Category); Lancaster General Health (2011 Not-for-Profit Category)
- 2009: Two Dudes Painting Company (For-Profit Category); United Disabilities Services (Not-for-Profit Category); Quintin Frey, Turkey Hill Dairy (Individual Category)
- 2008: The Horst Group (For-profit Category); St. Joseph Health Ministries (Not-for-Profit Category); J. Gary Langmuir (Individual Category)
- 2007: Lancaster Laboratories Inc. (For-Profit Category); Lancaster Day Care Center (Not-for-Profit Category); Stephen Powell (2007 Individual Category)
Businesses and organizations can support the Ethics In Business Award event and process through a variety of sponsorships:
- Presenting Sponsor, $5,000
- Criteria Sponsor, $2,500
- Table Sponsor, $1,000
- Community Sponsor, $500
For more information, you can contact Director of Development Anita Hanna at 717-560-9969, extension 244, or email her at email@example.com.