SafeChurch DVD: Movement Building to End Child Sexual Abuse
Featuring Survivors and Allies from Faith Communities Speaking Out to Protect Children + PA Mandated Reporting Laws
This DVD has multiple uses, including congregational education and awareness raising as well as training staff and volunteers working with children. Features:
- An introduction to SafeChurch as part of a social movement.
- A compelling 17 minute video featuring adult survivors, allies, and parents of sexually abused children from faith communities sharing their stories to encourage congregations to become involved in the SafeChurch movement. These courageous women and men challenge all adults to learn about sexual abuse and how to prevent it so that others do not suffer what they did.
- “The Sparrow’s Call” a musical reflection written and performed by Deeter Lutz.
- Two 20 minute pastoral conversation videos about responding to disclosure from a child to help train staff and volunteers how to ask appropriate questions when a child’s behavior, language or silence indicates something may be wrong.
- A power point for use in training those who work with children in the church setting that covers all forms of child abuse. The power point, accessible as a data file from this disc on your computer desktop, includes:
- Prevalence and impact of sexual and other forms of child abuse
- How sexual offenders engage children and parents in relationships
- Behavioral and other signs that might indicate abuse
- Responding to disclosure: What to say – and what NOT to say
- Mandated reporting of suspected abuse:
Each state has distinct laws on reporting abuse; the downloadable power point on the DVD includes PA’s new mandated reporting laws as of 1/1/15. However, more PA reforms were signed into law on 7/1/15. In order to provide you with the most up-to-date training materials, we have revised the power point presentation from the DVD and provide it on a flash drive that we include with your DVD at no extra cost. For the most current training, use the flash drive in conjunction with the other materials on the DVD.
Price: $110.00 + $5 shipping & handling
To purchase the DVD, click the Buy Now button below or complete and send this form or contact the Samaritan Counseling Center at 717-560-9969.
For orders of 25 or more, please contact Dianne Renfro at 717-560-9989, extension 254.
To let us know of your interest in receiving further information about our next SafeChurch Cluster or related services, please contact Linda Crockett, Director of Education and Consultation, Samaritan Counseling Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 717.560.9991.