Grandmothers, Mothers and Daughters: Sorting Through the Legacy of the Female Lineage
A Training for Professionals
Karen Carnabucci, LCSW, TEP, will lead this professional training titled “Grandmothers, Mothers and Daughters: Sorting Through the Legacy of the Female Lineage” that will focus the multiple generations of women from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, April 21, at the Samaritan Counseling Center of Lancaster, 1803 Oregon Pike, Lancaster, Pa.
This training will focus on the use of action methods, including psychodrama, Family Constellations, guided imagery and the creative arts to address the relationship between mothers and daughters and what gets in the way of the mother’s natural love for her child. The workshop will consist of didactic teaching, questions, demonstrations and opportunities to bring clinical case studies forward for supervision.
You will learn:
• Warming up the client to address mother relationship in a positive and useful way.
• The role of a mother in a child’s life.
• How a mother’s circumstances at the time of giving birth can interfere with her natural outpouring of love for her child.
• How the trauma of a previous generation can impact a child.
• How to integrate psychodramatic and sociometric concepts in your work, along with concepts of Family and Systemic Constellations.
You will also have the option to address personal issues in a confidential setting. You may bring your lunch or plan to go out for a 45-minute lunch. Tuition is $85 (before April 17 and $95 after) and will include six CE credits for social workers, marriage and family therapists, professional counselors and addiction counselors, plus psychodrama credits, handouts and healthy snacks.
Space is limited; please contact Karen at 717-466-0788 to reserve or print the registration form and send to Samaritan Counseling Center at 1803 Oregon Pike, Lancaster, PA 17601. Questions on the registration? Call 717-560-9969. Forms with payment by credit card may be faxed to 717-560-9553.
Lunch will be on your own; you may bring your lunch or plan to go out for a 45-minute meal break. In addition, a selection of Karen’s books for professionals will be available for sale.