Coaching & Disciplining Employees
Date: May 10, 2017
8:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Instructor: Jim Weischedel
Cost: $90 per person (Special Discount: $75 if you send 3 or more individuals or have an EAP with Samaritan)
A primary component of a supervisor’s job is to coach an employee to meet or exceed the employee’s job performance expectations. This starts with setting appropriate performance expectations, then coaching employees to meet or exceed them. Occasionally, supervisors may need to discipline employees for poor performance or conduct. It is critical for the supervisor to handle these processes appropriately to give the employee the best chance for success in their role and reduce the risk of employment legal liability for their organization. As a result of this workshop, participants will:
• Learn how to set appropriate job performance expectations for employees.
• Learn about effective employee coaching methods that can motivate employees to higher levels of performance
• Learn some proven ways to have difficult conversations with employees when their performance is not meeting expectations.
• Learn about the steps and best practices in disciplining employees.
• Learn about specific legal pitfalls that organizations may face when disciplining employees.
For more information about services or programs or to register – 717-560-2805, extension 101 or via email email@example.com
Programs are held at Samaritan’s Training Facility (1803 Oregon Pike, Lancaster). In addition programs may be modified and brought on-site to your organization.
Call for more information.