Counseling For Your Relationship
Samaritan Counseling Center offers counseling services for:
- Divorce Transition
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Intimacy Issues
- Marriage Issues
- Relationship Differences
- Other Issues
- Counseling appointments are approximately 45 minutes in length.
- Appointments are available during the day and evening Monday through Friday.
- To make an appointment, please call between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday through Friday and ask to speak with our Client Service Coordinator.
- The Center requires a 24-hour notice to cancel or change an appointment.
The Center also offers:
Premarital Consultation is an educational opportunity for couples to explore the dynamics of marriage. This program uses the most advanced form of the PREPARE/ENRICH inventory, an online survey that you take with your partner to help you identify the unique strengths and potential growth areas of your premarital relationship. Click here for more information on Premarital Consultation.
Jump Start Consultation is for those couples seeking a more immediate in-depth assessment of their presenting problem. We realize that situations arise in the life of couples that are distressing where a jump start into services is desired. The Jump Start Couples Consultation is an answer to that need. Click here for more information on the Jump Start Consultation.
Discernment Counseling is appropriate for couples where one or both are considering whether to divorce. Frequently couples start marital counseling with a “mixed agenda” in that one person wants to preserve and repair the relationship and the other is uncertain as to whether they have the desire to work on the relationship and may be considering a separation/divorce. Discernment counseling is a way for couples to look at their options before making a decision about divorce. Click here for more information on Discernment Counseling.
- Payment options at the Samaritan Counseling Center include cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and vouchers from Partner Congregations.
- Many of our therapists are on various insurance and Employee Assistance Program plans, including Quest, Highmark Blue Shield, Capital Blue Cross, Medicare, MHNet (Health America/Health Assurance), Value Options, United Behavioral Health/Optum, PHC and AETNA among others. Please call for additional information.
- In an effort to make services affordable to all, subsidies from various funds are available. Clients who are experiencing a financial difficulty may apply for a subsidy if they are unable to afford the full fee for the Center’s services. A person’s financial situation, as well as family situation, is taken into consideration when a request is made.
For more information, please call our Client Services Coordinator at 717-560-9969.
View our counseling staff